Wednesday, September 09, 2009

In Memory


















I'm all out of good photos, haven't made any good ones in a really long time. But wanted to remember my once sweet babe, who, on this day, 5 years ago, left this place called Earth. God rest his soul, he will always be sorely missed... by many.

I decided to randomly click through my photo album, expecting to land on just the right photo to go with this posting. I couldn't have landed on a better one. This was his bear. I bought it for him. He had once told me a story about having once had a bear just like this, as a child. Seems he had gone into the hospital to have his tonsils removed and lost the bear. He had cried. He wanted his bear. They looked and looked, and once found, it was unfortunate that some other kid had thrown up on it, and he lost the bear forever. He saw this bear in our chiropractors office, and stared at it for a very long time, sharing the memory of so long ago. And there had been joy in his voice, and a warmth at the memory that had been restored, of an innocent time at a tender young age.

This bear is stuffed with herbs. All one has to do is heat it up in the microwave and place it close to oneself, and one will be sure to experience the warmth and special aroma of these herbs. He had a tendency to have migraine headaches. I can't tell you how many times he heated that bear up, and placed it next to his head. I was happy that I had found a way to offer him some small comfort, in whatever shape or form, for he had been a somewhat troubled man... but, a wonderful man, all the same.

Here's to you, Tim. I'm sorry you're gone. I've gotten used to your absence, over time. Most of the sadness is gone. Instead, I thank you for the joy your short time, in my life, gave to me. Your love will be treasured forevermore. I will always remember, I will never forget.

4 comments:

Bill said...

Just coming by sit with you for a while. Thank you for sharing your story.

...

Bill

Shimmerrings said...

Thanks for dropping in, Bill. I don't write much, these days... change in life, I guess. But, I hope something will come arond, soon... what a dry spell, lol. Hope you are well.

Bill said...

Thank you, I AM well. :)

I have changed my blog around several times, you may have noticed... Tried moving to WordPress for about a week, but then came back to blogger... Just trying to find my "voice" I guess. But always enjoy coming here and "hearing" your "voice". You write with such honesty and depth. Your's is one of the few blogs I follow. But, I hear ya: when we write, it really does have to come from that certain place within us, huh?

Be blessed!

Shimmerrings said...

I tried WordPress for a bit, I just didn't like the lay-out. This seems to be the best I've found. I like it here because I can be real, honest, and in depth. In real life, no one wants to know that much, no one wants to touch in those places... here, people can drop by if they want to... no pressure... no expectation... but very real. I like real.