Monday, September 17, 2007

Latest Lil' One... For Sis's Viewing...





I can't help it... he looks so familiar... something about the eyes...













Something about the mouth...
















Something about the nose...








It's not finished yet, but I posted this one for my sister, who will just pop in and have a look-see. She peeks in from time to time, when I send her a link. She's been having some trouble with her pc, and I was afraid if I sent her pics, as an attachment, it might crash her pc.

Sooo... her it is, Annie. It was not intended, but does he look a bit like Pop, to you? ... or is it just me?

8 comments:

Dust-bunny said...

I really can't get over how talented you are. He looks like he could be a character out of one of those fantasy movies, like "Harry Potter" or "Lord of the Rings"! Great job!

Shimmerrings said...

Lol... thanks, Lisa. Eerily, he looks a bit like my dad did, in the last months or so. :O

The Geezers said...

I really like these pieces. Do you sell them?

Shimmerrings said...

Hi Mystic, and thanks! So far these are my only ones (newly budding mud slinger) and they haven't even been fired yet, although they are loaded in the kiln and awaiting the right weather to fire. They will be fired in a wood fired kiln, and if they turn out, I do hope to sell them. Firing in a totally wood fired kiln stands a chance of a 30% loss of all fired pieces, due to various factors. I hope I will be able to show the successfully finished product, by the end of October.

Spicy said...

Shimmerings,
He does bear a remarkable resemblance to the photo you posted on your dad a while ago. You sure do have a great eye and talent.

Shimmerrings said...

Lol, thanks Matty. It was not intentional, though Mad Potter thinks it could have been subconscious. I haven't reached the level of artistic creation, yet, where I can actually make a piece look like anything, intentionally... in fact, they really don't turn out to look like what I even start out with, in my mind, at all. Even so, my sister does agree that there is something about him that reminds us of Dad... the glint in the eye, and the big wide smile, when he was in a particular characteristicly humorous mood... perhaps even the profile. We agreed he might like the feather, even. My Dad had a great sense of humor, but in his last couple of years, he seemed to remember only one joke, that he told over and over and over, to each of us, in turn. We'd listen as if we'd never heard it before, and laugh and laugh, right along with him, as he always did, each and every time. The joke went like this. It had been a really hard winter, and all the buffalo had died. The Chief didn't know how he was gonna break it to the tribe... so, he started out with, "Well, I have some good news, and some bad news... the bad news is that all of the buffalo have died." A sigh of remorse ran deeply through the crowd. "But," he continued, "the good news is that we have plenty of buffalo chips." Yep, he loved to tell that joke and thought it was uproarously funny, each time. If nothing else, it tickled our funny bone, just to hear him laugh.

singleton said...

Like a snapshot with your fingers....capturing what you felt. What you remembered. This is just incredible....
and what do you mean you havent "reached the level of artistic creation yet"?....when you capture spirit, you have created art....
and love...
beautiful....

Shimmerrings said...

Oh, thanks, Singleton. What a thought, "like a snapshot with your fingers"... very nice thought. Your words are pure flattery. I've admired your own artwork, from afar, for some time now. Wow! Thanks for stopping by my little home.