Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ghost Dance, Dreams, Correcting The Wrongs, Change & Perception



I woke up in a very melancholy mood this morning. My spirit keeps speaking to me, but I never pay attention. I usually find a way to divert my attention to some place else, whatever it takes to diguise the emptiness that I feel inside.

If I am stuck at the house and can't seem to find my way out the door, I usually end up in blogger land, as sad as that may seem. I go looking around for something to read... anything to take the focus off of myself and my petty little life's problems, if they are problems that I don't feel comfortable posting about on my own blog. I'm not so sure that is always a good thing, diverting my attention, for it does seem that it just glosses over the issue, at hand, instead of my taking action to make my life better. But, that is what we sometimes do, while our thoughts are incubating. Sometimes making life better means a major change... and sometimes that seems too hard to do. There is always the fear factor... and the possible regret for possibly jumping too soon. I am famous for that. I'm also famous for not jumping soon enough. My timing seems to be off, often, out of confusion. Then, other times, we know. We just know what is the right thing to do, and we are too chicken shit to do it.

I feel that my life is serving no purpose, at all. And I haven't felt close to anyone in a very long time. And I miss that.

The first place I landed, this morning, was Maithri's blog, The Soaring Impulse. Right away, I begin to cry, when I watched the video of the little children. Sorrow for their lives... sorrow for my own... sorrow, in general... and recognizing the emptiness... the helplessness. I felt guilt for experiencing pain for my own simple problems... on the other hand, I know that we often do not awaken to the wholeness within us, that might serve others, compassionately, until we have made our ownselves whole. On the other hand, it's funny how, sometimes, just doing something for someone else can make us feel instantly whole. We have served a purpose. We have a reason to be alive. It seems that living for oneself is simply not enough. As if we are continually searching for our life's expression, through something else that is grander than ourselves.

I've experienced a feeling of suffocation, from life's joyful experience... a feeling of invisibility, as if I do not exist. And disdain, for my own weaknesses, that I would allow myself to continually feel this way, over and over again. And bitterness, against those who continuallly judge me, and access my worthiness, with regards to the weaknesses that I have experienced in my life. What right is it of anybody to judge me? And what do I care, if they do? And, am I judging my ownself by my own knowledge of my own past experiences, more than anyone? Why do I struggle so hard for approval? Does this mean that I have not yet found approval for my ownself? No wonder I feel as though my life is such a waste. What to do... ?

After reading Maitrhi's blog, this morning, and crying a few good tears, then running over to Oceanshaman's blog, and listening to a heart felt music video (I do love music!) I found myself at U-Tube, just sitting there... trying to decide what sort of music that I wanted to search for today. The first thing that came to mind was my Heart's music. I love the sound of Robbie Robertson & The Red Road Ensemble. I found it at a time in my life when I was deeply involved in my spirituality. And I always find it uplifting, in some sort of way. As if it is a reconnect to something deep inside of me. Music is that way, in general, in my life, anyways.

There are so many injustices in this world. And so little that we do about them. More than ever, with the growing discontent in my own life, I've thought about trying to do something. Every step first begins with a thought, afterall. I've thought about going out there and gathering those stories of the homeless, and trying to do that book. Of taking any money that I might earn, from any such book, and turning it over for the cause of the homeless. And the more that I hear my friend talk about all the scum of the earth, who deserve nothing, the more that I want to accomplish this task. And then I wonder if that is why I am here... in this place... so that, out of spite, I may mightily accomplish something. But I know that is not the reason to do anything... all things should be done out of love and with a sense of confidence that it might be accomplished. Then again, anger... getting mad about something... is a wonderful propulsion energy... that sometimes we need, in order to take one step forward. It is hard for me to visualize going "out there"... untrained in any sort of way for information gathering, or interviewing people... but, to have the nerve to acually think that I can do it, and then go and do it. I'm a chicken shit, remember? I have to be pushed to do anything... except for those times that I just jump, with no landing place in sight, full of fear and yet fearless at the same time. Am I being pushed? Or am I about to bound fearlessly, over the cliff?

I've done it before, this leaping thing. I even had a dream once, that was totally awesome. The dream reassured me that I was on the right Path... and that all I had to do was change my perception... CHANGE MY PERCEPTION... and leap with unfailing Faith... and I would be carried right over to a safe landing... by the Winds that carry us and scatter us, like Fertile Seed into the Soil, waiting to be Born Again, into some significant new Flower, with the sort of Enticing Nectar that attracts only positive things... POSITIVE CHANGE. CHANGE YOUR PERCEPTION.

In my dream I was standing at the precipice of a great divide. I needed to cross over. I was afraid. I might fall. I might die. I looked down and saw a set of steps, that followed down into the bottom of the divide. I began to step down them, slwoly, but they begin to crumble, and fall in on themselves, the faster that I descended. I knew, instinctively, that the steps had been built by those who had passed before me, the foundation that I had been passed down to me, by my family. But, even so, this foundation would no longer serve me, as I struggled to make it to the other side. I had to turn back and find another way. My way. And as I stood on the cliff's edge, I new, instantly, that I had to step out into the open space, unafraid of falling. Something inside of me had told me that I would be safe, if only I would take a leap of Faith. The really strange thing is that I was wearing a black cape and carrying a staff in my hand. That was really weird, because in my mind, I would have equated a black cape and a staff as something to do with evil. Not a part of my world. But, I took the leap, and as I stepped out into the empty space, the Wind caught my cape and carried me safely over to the other side. On Wings of Faith, I flew! Wow! How cool was that! And whew! What a relief! And, as I landed, I saw, before me, a vast Field of Golden Oats, gently Swaying in the Wind... it was my whole World before me. With plenty to sustain for all time. The dream, for me, was all about Faith... and CHANGING ONE'S PERCEPTION. Had I let my pre-programmed notion, that a black cape and a staff stood for evil, effect me, I may not have found the Faith to take that life-changing leap. I learned, not only about Faith, in that dream, but I also learned about perception.

Most all of our Perception is pre-formed by what we have been taught... or even, what we might have experienced, in one moment of time. But pre-conditioned thought... and one life's experience... both do not, and should not, shape what IS for all time. In order to experience the fullness of what Life has to offer, we must change our Perception. Indeed, what small worlds that we live in, when we are not open to the fullest of all Perception. Black is not an evil color... but we associate it with evil, because it is what the masses teach us. How little that we experience, when our Perception is based on such little information. Since that dream, I have always made sure to look outside the box. Anything in a box is only as big as the box. A box is tiny in a great big Universe. I don't know about you, but I want to see it ALL. There is soooo much more out there for us to experience, feel, learn, and know. And homeless people are not the scum of the earth. They are a one result of all the many inequieties of this world. It's all in our Perception. If we choose to ignore the obvious, then we have to take no responsibility for fostering change... if we choose to feel nothing, then we short, not only ourselves, but the rest of humanity, in the process.

The above video is one of many Beautiful and moving songs that Robbie Robertson & The Red Road Ensemble perform... and this one is so special. For all the Ghosts out there... all the wrongs that have ever been done... all that needs to be revived, as a People, and within one another... all the tears that need to be dried.

Today I post this as sort of a spurring on, for my ownself. And anyone else who can get behind it.

We can't just forget the past. We have to right all that is wrong. We have to renew Life, every day that we breathe. We have to help ourselves... and we have to help our Brothers and Sisters, too. Whatever we do to the Web, we do to ourselves. Look what we have done. Look what we continue to do... and sometimes, we do it by simply doing nothing at all.

Peace, Love & Further Enlightenment ;)

26 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

I say that 1/2 my life is created by me...just to keep me distracted from the other 1/2. For me, that would also include Bloggerville. I have found that in the past 6 mos., I have missed Bloggerville incredibly. This virtual world has seen me through my divorce, surgery, death of my Marbeline, Christmas alone, a new demanding(&miserable job) and countless other negative life changes in the past 1/2 of a year. So what I mean to say is that I think I understand that feeling of being stuck & unable to get outside the door, as well as those feelings of being incubated between doing something & doing nothing. We gotta have balance.
Realizing this need for balance is what has led me to make a conscientious decision to spend more time blogging. It HAS been a good escape for me. this realization is also what sent me on a mission to get those cowboy boots (got em friday)To me, they symbolize a change of pace, a change of stride, a change in my course of direction.
I often feel like I have no clue why I am here. At best, sometimes I feel that it is to inspire... which is how I ultimately came to join the blogging community. Lately I have learned that I also need to be inspired. And believe it or not, in the real world...this virtual world, has helped do that.
Off the beaten track a wee bit here...and getting rather personal... it seems to me that you, like me, might suffer from moments of coiling depression. I could be wrong about you & if so, kick me. However, if not, I wanted to tell you about Magnesium. Believe it or not, I have found taht taking magnesium once a day (in the AM) seems to help my daily mind-set. I began taking it after suffering from kidney stones & upon my research, found an article that talked about the correlation between women having a deficiency in it & depression. Maybe it's all in my mind over matter perception... but maybe not.
Finally, back on track, you are right we cannot forget the past. We must build from it. And those rocks that have made their way into our life's path, causing a diversion, are ours to ultimately climb, gain a new perspective and maybe even use as our stepping stone.
as always...P&L

Shimmerrings said...

Hi, Skinny. Ya got yer boots, eh? Yeah! I went looking for boots the other day and ended up getting regular heels, yuck, because I found nothing, and the heels were on sale, and they matched the skirt. I hate pantyhose, which is why I wanted boots! I have a high instep, so getting a boot on can be quite a struggle, then when I do, they are sometimes tight around the calf. I'll bet I wouldn't have that problem with cowboy boots... but, I can't see me in a pair. I am more the soft shoe type... but, who knows, maybe that is just what I need to buck up a bit, lol. Of course, when I do find a really great pair of boots, and they wear out, a duplicate pair can never be found, again! Maybe I should just ditch the skirt, but I love long skirts!

Thanks for the info on the magnesium. I'm always up for good information. Depression seems like a possibility, I believe I've been prone to it most of my life, but part of that has been due to some of the choices I make, which are sometimes quite poor, based on emotional need, rather than more sensible reasoning. I once asked my sister if she thought I was bi-polar, and she said that I do have mood swings, but she says that I cycle in and out of them really fast. And it's true, I can be up one minute and down the next.

Part of my mood is effected by those closest around me. Someone once told me that I am an empath, and that empaths pick up other people's moods. I've also been told I am co-dependent, which seems, to me, to be very closely related to being an empath, and I much more like the sound of being considered an empath, than a co-dependent, lol. At least if one is an empath, one can find creative ways to shield oneself from the influx of another's energy. Like, leave the room, go out of the house, find a diversion... or better yet >>> leap? One of my closest companions is, by and large, a depressed, angry, and bitter person. Being around this person, alone, can steal my joy like there was no tomorrow. And that is, perhaps, one of those things that I've been considering leaping away from. I am, as a general rule, a very happy go lucky sort of person.

I know what you mean about blogger land. Writing is very cathartic for me. When I was younger, I wrote poetry during sad times. I used to feel the same way about writing, as yourself, that I wanted to inspire. I have discovered that the opposite was true, that it was I who needed to be inspired. In the end, it turns out to be a loving and even exchange of give and take, which is a wonderful Gift for folks to share with one another. I even had a second blog, The Wind's End, at one time. It was supposed to be the inspirational one. I quickly discovered that there was hardly ever anything truly inspirational that I could share, devoid of my life's Journey. In short, I was able to share the deeper thoughts, the end meaning, in a much more effective way, by sharing my stories along the way, of how I arrived at those flash bulb moments. A lot of people want to relate, on a Heart level. And I enjoy, much more immensely, sharing from that level, because people share back from that level, and that is when I, myself, become inspired... through the things which touch my Heart. In fact, a lot of my flash bulb moments come through a sort of 'discovery' that takes place while I am actually writing. And just plain old, sometimes, it's just nice, when I am sometimes feeling down, to hear a voice above the din of the crowd, that says, "I hear ya, I can relate, been there, done that, know what'cha mean, hang on, it won't last long." Blogger land has become a good friend, on those long dark nights when my joy has been stolen... or given away, it would seem, if I do nothing to change the situation. Makes me feel like I'm not crazy, when I feel that I am... even if I am crazy, then for just one moment, I am allowed to feel that I am not. Everyone has to have somewhere to go, everyone needs a Light to find their way in the dark. Writing this blog has afforded me that. And there is no shame in that. We meet people, in blogger land, that our personal life situations, our jobs, our every day living, or even our personal filters might, otherwise, keep us from, in our physical reality. How enriched I feel from having this experience.

I'm glad you're back! I always enjoy reading your own heart felt postings, Skinny.

skinnylittleblonde said...

Hey...cowboy boots go great with long skirt & they do typically have wider calves that regular boots. I am very much a soft shoe person...flip-flops & tennis shoes, lol, but I had to get a change of pace. I wore the boots out (yes...out...first time since before D-day)Sat night & have to say, I loved them! Two hrs., two beers & one dance...'play that funky music white boy,' and I couldn't of done it, wouldn't have done it without these boots. ;)

Sometimes, I look at life like a spinning color wheel & when there are folks in my like that are a little too dark (angry, hostile, embittered & resentful folks)I find that there dark colors splatter, then smear, across my bright colors(positive influences) & my life turns into mud. It's not their fault. It's mine. Sometimes we gotta just know when to hold 'em & know when to fold 'em (kenny rogers;)
Writing is a great escape & inscape...just as reading is. One thing I have always loved about personal blogs is that they help me to learn about other people & as I learn about others, I learn more about myself. Glad to be fluttering back around. P&L girl!

Shimmerrings said...

You are so right, it is not the other person's fault, it is our own for allowing ourselves to be sucked dry, like that. I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and like to think positive and "believe"... but, again, you just gotta know when to fold 'em. Thanks for the reminder ;)

I have to make a comment on Play That Funky Music White Boy. I hate to keep going on about my deceased husband, but >>> when he passed away, he was cremated, and I sent half of his ashes to his family in California. Essentially, we were strangers to one another, his family and I. He passed in the month of September. I scattered my portion of the ashes 6 months later, the following March, when we would have actually said our vows and exchanged rings, along a beach that he and I had visited, and which he liked, very much. It was many months later, when his own family would scatter their portion. They chartered a little boat, just for the ocassion, and took his ashes out to sea. At some point, while still on the shore, and all family was gathered 'round, to light candles and share their special thoughts and prayers, his sister relates to me that when all was silent, and they were each with heavy heart, out of the blue, they hear someone's music playing loud and clear... now, you have to understand, he loved the blues, and he loved playing guitar... they hear this song, blasting their ears, "Play that funky music white boy! Play that funky music right! Play that funky music white boy! Lay down that boogie and play that funky music till you die!" It must have been incredible! She said they didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but it had made the moment perfect! So, now, every time I hear that song... which isn't often... I can't help but think of that very sad, yet incredibly perfect moment, that had added a moment of lightness to something that was, otherwise, terribly difficult to do... that letting go of the last little bit. I know it wasn't intended, but thanks for that reminder, too... *sigh*... and I'll think about those cowboy boots! I'm so glad you gave yours a twirl!

I agree, Skinny... the more I learn about others, the more I come to terms with my ownself. Afterall, we are all mirrors to one another, and sometimes in ways that we don't want to know.

Peace...

DeLi said...

its a day before hearts day and drop by to wish you in advance...that your heart may find meaningful bloom.

Maithri is truly a soaring positive person who is generous enough to share his heart and passion.

skinnylittleblonde said...

Awww girll....he sent that song to them! He wanted to remind them that his spirit & his love lives one. And they told you about this, even though yawl hardly even knew one another, so that you, too, could be reminded that his spirit is still here. And somehow, he inspired me to share that experience I had Sat night with you to remind you...Energy never dies, but merely changes form...especially those energies of love.

Shimmerrings said...

Hello Deli! Thanks for dropping by! You are sooo right about Maithri. He's such an awesome soul. He 'gets it'... he knows what it'a all about, this thing called Life.

A Happy Hearts Day, to you! May yours be filled with Love, Light, and Peaceful Joy!

Shimmerrings said...

Skinny, I think that, too! I really believe that, and so did his family... that he was talking to them through that song. There are many wonderous stories, that one day I will share, of how he made his presence known, in those days of his first passing. And I DO believe that he led you to share that song with me... I didn't wanna say so, because I didn't know how you would feel about that. I see Spirit soooo at work on the pages of so many blogs, by loving people, who recognize and allow spirit to work in their lives. I believe it is why we, people, are led together, to inspire and remind one another. You ARE a wonderful and beautiful Vessel of Spirit... and I'm so happy that you found your way into my Life! Happy Hearts Day! I hope yours is filled with Wonder and Joy... and lotsa Love!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Lol...you are too kind...saying all these kind things and I go posting all full of spit and fire, lol. But seriously, I DO believe that our spirits are motivated and moved and touched by things that we may not ever be cognizant of and therefore, it is very important for us to believe.
A blind man may never see the sun rise nor set, but he can feel the warmth of its rays and he is wise to believe that it is, in fact, the sun kissing his skin.

Spicy said...

Shimmerings.
Please don't take offense if I tell you...you're thinking too much. You need to get out and work as a volunteer a day or 2 a week.
I've worked many jobs in my life...some didn't pay well and some paid real well....and I always tell people that the jobs I truly enjoyed the most were the volunteer jobs I had.
Those jobs paid 'big-time' in self-worth...I felt so great when I came home,knowing I was making a difference.
Find what your heart desires...whether its working with the poor, homeless or battered women.....whether you can give a day or an evening...and watch your spirit soar.

Shimmerrings said...

Matty, I don't take offense, at all. As you may remember, I did get laid off at the end of September. I have a whole stack of cover letters, with attached job postings, that I have applied for, since that time. Do you know how many interviews I have had? Exactly one. These folks were interviewing people on the same day as you filled out the application. Otherwise, there is no such thing as walking in and applying for a job, or anyone taking an application and holding onto it, these days. All jobs are filled through the employment office, some other sort of employment service, or online applications. No one wants to give you the chance to present yourself. I was soooo happy to be able to speak for myself, before a decision is given as to whether I would even be considered for a job. And you know what? I really, really hope that I get this job. It's with the Golden Harvest Food Bank. I know that it's not any sort of high profile job, the pay, most likely wouldn't be too great (I didn't even ask), the hours are strange, but they are a do-able 40 hour week. The place is relaxed and HAPPY... you remember that place that I was laid off from??? And, to top it all off, it is an organization that is in the business of serving others... assisting those who are going through difficult times. I hope, with all my Heart, that I will be given this job, because it will satisfy so many things inside of me, even if money is not one of them. Just to have a job that is not full of stress, as the other one was, would allow me the energy, in the evenings, to persue my artwork. And satisfy the longing, inside, to be performing a job that is doing a compassionate service. Wish me luck!

Thanks for dropping by, Matty :)

skinnylittleblonde said...

Skinny ole me buttin' in my bony self on Matty's comment... ;) ... I do believe that 1/2 my life is just a distraction from the other half. that being said, getting out if even just to go to the local dog shelter for 4 hrs a week to walk the dogs can be a wonderful distraction. Plus it could lead to something more fulfilling.
As Always Bright-Light...P&L

Shimmerrings said...

Skinny, you aren't buttin' in, at all. I like it when folks take the time to read other's comments, too. Yeah, I had been considering volunteer work of some sort. Course, I suppose Gary would consider that I should volunteer at the pottery :P I love animals, that might be a good one. Gary used to actually take the photographs of all the little animals there, whose pictures were put in the paper for adoption. He even put them in photoshop and spiffed 'em up a bit, lol. To be quite honest, part of this could be remedied with with a fulfilling job... a job in which I might actually feel useful. In my last job, our supervisor used to dog us all the time and talk down to us in front of customer's to make herself feel superior. Little did she know that the customers disrespected her for that.

skinnylittleblonde said...

You had a Bad Boss! Youre right, finding viable & meaningful employment is hard.
Think about the things in life that you enjoy & then try to come up with places that might offer some of those things.
I was hired three years ago by my company because I told them that I wanted to surround myself with things that I like.
3 years and one promotion later, i still am surrounded by things that i like, but unfortunately I don't like my new job position.
If you don't need the money, then come up with your own personal volunteerism.... maybe making a special breads to take to the women & childrens shelter....or making quilts for the assisted living home or growing fresh flowers to randomly sprinkle around town...just something you like.

skinnylittleblonde said...

hey, you like writing & youre good at conversation...you could interview people & post about them here... have them share their biggest life lesson or something;)
Make Fun Happen!

Maithri said...

You are wonderful!

"Whatever we do to the web we do to ourselves"

Can you hear me "Amening" from across the seas ;)

Love and the light of peace to you my friend,

M

singleton said...

And I'm sittin' here in the choir, a few rows behind Maithri, noddin' my head, singin' Amen! Amen! Sister love, you are growing, stretching, learning, loving with every word and thought shared... gifts given and recieved....And yes, we sometimes have to be fearless to leap, to fall, to go blindly into the night....to find the light! Much love, sweet friend, on another leg of the journey.....
May peace bless us all.....

Shimmerrings said...

Hi, Skinny...unfortunately, I cannot afford to not work. Isn't that just the pits! Lol! Such is life! It is still up in the air, as to whether I may be taking a part-time job as a Canal Boat Tour Guide, which I am sure I would enjoy. It seems to be a race as to whether or not I will be hired, by someone else, before the new active season begins, for the canal boat tours. Tomorrow is my 2nd interview for the food bank job, so soon I will know more of how things will fall. I also have a friend who is certain that she can at least get me started, part time, at her work place, as a Unit Clerk for a local hospital. She seems to think that her boss has the funds to start training me, at first to fill-in... but it hasn't happened, yet. We will see.

Interviewing people seems to be a good thought, because I recently had the idea of interviewing the homeless in my area. And I had such a good feeling about the food bank job, that I wondered if this was something that might become more reality based (the idea of a book on the homeless) if I did snag that job. I even thought, once, of interviewing folks on after-life experiences (contact from the other side). Who knows, as life keeps marching on. Oh, and my mom? She is currently undertaking the crocheting of hats for our men and women stuck overseas. And the hats are really neat, my kids and their friends all want one ... and I even snagged one ;)

Thanks for all the support and wonderful ideas! This really is about a major life change, it's not as simple as having been laid off and seeking new employment. And I must be able to effectively ask for what I want/need... and be able to correctly read the signs that will lead me, and indicate my Path. I'be been very good at that, in the past, but it still is scarey.

Shimmerrings said...

Maithri, I'm so glad you were able to pick up on the better part of the post :) It really is about the damage that we do to mankind. We think that by doing nothing, we are doing no harm. I stated my case, poorly, but we cannot see that we are all connected, until we change our perception. Thanks for picking up on the major essence of what I was trying to say.

Shimmerrings said...

Sing! Thanks for getting my dream ;) It was powerful, life altering. Though it was really about life telling me that my spiritual Path was right for me, it was also majorly about the ways that we perceive. If only we could see beyond ourselves, we might see a much more huge and universal reality. Thanks for being here, taking steps, too, and spreading the Love!

Lee~William said...

you are a kindered spirit ..and closer to people than you think ..when I feel stuck ..blogging is a good way to rattle around inside my head for awhile ..until a find a portal out ..today it was yourz ..thank you.

Shimmerrings said...

Lee William, you are most kind. I cannot tell you how much your own kind words have meant to me, in the few times that you have visited my blog... and, I yours, as well. I am honored that you would see me as a kindred spirit... and is warming to know that I may, indeed, be closer to people than I realize. You have made my day :)

Oberon said...

........you're purpose......my need.

Shimmerrings said...

Thank you, Oberon... is nice to see you here, again, truly. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, how often I've mourned for my pathetic existence seemingly without meaning, my inability to realize my potential, all the time I've wasted. I've been there shimmerings, more than you will ever understand... and yet, things could always be worse. Where you are is notas important as which way you're facing.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans, I suppose.

Shimmerrings said...

You are wise for such a young age, Electric... indeed, it has to do with which way we are facing. And sometimes we have to blink a few times, to figure out which way we are facing. How much time could you have possibly wasted? You have so much before you... is good you see the folly to be found in time not well spent. Good Blessings to you, Electric! May you always be truly Blessed!