Last Summer... a long time ago...
I used to reach here, I used to reach there.
Now, I am reaching nowhere.
I am not there, where you are.
I don't wanna be, anymore.
I stay good and snug, in my own world,
Happy to be spewing my rhetorical hurl.
And yet, rhetoric is simply nothing beyond carefully arranged words,
Placed in some fancy smancy schematical swirl.
I'm given to experiencing.
I'm given to being.
I think I will stay here,
In my own world.
Not needing to convince. Not needing to sway.
Nor even needing to figure out my own little way.
For the way always finds me, as I journey along,
Whistling my little whistle, singing my little song.
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!
My, oh my, what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way!
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!







12 comments:
And the way finds you everyday, whether we planned on the journey or not.
... you are so right, Electric... and even the best of made plans can't tangle with the Journey :)
What a delightful verse ~ put a smile on my face ~ “rhetorical hurl” ~ made me laugh out loud, although this sounds very genuine ..!
Great photo
Wonderful smile
Awww, shucks, thanks Lee :) I would say that is original. I'm so happy you got a good chuckle, too. And showing that pic of me is just a part of my own acceptance of who I am today. Since that pic was taken I've lost a couple of pounds (only a couple!) gained a few inches in hair length, and picked up a tan from being a guide on the tour boat. Yeah, tan! As a part of my new self, I'm also drawing back some of my energy. I don't just give it away, anymore. I finally came to understand the difference between depleting oneself (giving while getting nothing in return) and giving unconditionally. The closer I get to myself, the bigger my world becomes, and the less useless energy I keep around me. Maybe next pic will be a few more pounds lighter, hair several more inches long, and tan still holding! And maybe I'll be donning a Captain's hat :0 Yes, I'm going to Sea School!
...Are those really the words to that song?? Loved them!
Glad your journey has taken you to this point. You seem like you are more at peace with yourself and your choices than in the past...I'm sure it's a great feeling!
acceptance.
lucky you!
:)
Thanks for dropping by, KJ... indeed, acceptance is the word... feels nice, takes along time to arrive...
oh, Dust Bunny, I was running around looking under the other post, silly me, for your comment. Yes, those are really the words, amazing words. They almost remind me of someone singing to Jesus. Yes, I have become more accepting of myself. You, too, seem much more serene. Thanks for dropping in.
Shimmerrings ~ Thanks so much for your interest in my job stories
When I first began telling the one about grad school ~ some people got stuck on the part about how Japanese children outperform American children on reading tests. They took offense ..stopped listening and started arguing. I had taken for granted that it was common knowledge ~ and so I took that part out (it was part of the study on childhood inference-making).
Anyway, that ~ along with Obama’s speech ~ got me thinking .. now might be a good time to take an ‘entrepreneurial’ approach to education ~ and start looking at better ways of teaching children (and adults). So, I decided to take a break from telling old job stories and use this space to post new job ideas. Who knows ..
Thank you for your support ~ Lee
It's too bad people take offense at the truth, eh. I think it's wonderful, your idea for looking into better ways of teaching, though I do really like reading about your job stories, too. Take that inspiration and run with it! And, I remember you said you don't have emails that let you know when someone has posted a response. Well, I've been looking through some of the older posts and did make a comment or two. Synesthesia... and Tom Trabasso. I have found one of his seminars, online, that I am enjoying, Black English. I've had my nose to the Navigational Rules of The Road, lately, though, so other reading materials are coming along very slowly.
Shimmerrings ~ I think you have a really cool job by the way ..!
Synesthesia ~ interesting topic ..I forgot to mention that it’s part of early childhood ..we do it while learning to read phonetically ~ then lose it. Good observation..!
Tom Trabasso ~ a person of interest ~ bless his soul ~ he gave us the real reason why people remember inferences so vividly ~ he called it the ‘relevancy hypothesis’ ~ it’s more like a rule now ~ I lied about that on my job story when I said it was because we process them deeper ~ we actually make a whole bunch effortlessly ..then drop the ones that don’t pan-out. Another person you might want to check-out is Deborah Tannen ~ she’s written so many excellent books ..if you’re not already familiar with her [link]
You take care ..
Thanks, Lee, I'll check her out. I understand that we do a lot of things, early, that we lose later on. Very interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Post a Comment