Sunday, December 31, 2006

First Love














At age 15, I was just starting to bud. I had recently overcome a very severe virus, that had me so sick, for two weeks, that my mother had slept in the same bed with me, to tend to my fevers and vomiting attacks. I lost a whole lotta weight. I was never fat, before, but I didn't have a 'figure', either. Once I had overcome the fits of nausea and vomiting, I took on a whole new look. Suddenly I was slim and shapely, had hollows in my cheeks, and was receiving comments about what great legs I had. This was quite a new turn, from what I had experienced in all the years before. It was about that time, my first love noticed me. We were two, of a close group of girls and guys, who did everything together. We all went to church together, participated in church outings together (to include hay rides) and went to church socials together (where we learned to kiss, believe it or not). We played basketball together and went trick or treating together. We, essentially, grew up together.

I wasn't allowed to date, however. My father was strict and stern, assuring me that I would not be allowed to leave the house, with a guy, until I was at least 18 years old. Needless to say, we were in church every time the doors were open. Of course, we had both been involved in church, beforehand, so this was nothing new. It's just that if we might've missed going, in the past, we never missed, now, unless it was totally out of our control. He was allowed to come over to my house, on Friday nights and Saturday nights. He could stay until 10pm and then it was out the door. We begged, many times, to please let us go to the movies with our friends, from church, but it was not to be.

So, for nearly two years, we sat on that couch, every Friday and Saturday. We played records and danced. And talked. And smooched. Learned how to french kiss, really well. Learned how to touch. Learned how to want. You can imagine, we were left alone in that room, time after time, with nothing to do but to be totally into one another. Of course our harmones raged. I would shut the two doors, adjoining the room. My dad would walk through and open them. I would get up, silently close them, again. And so this went, on and on, for a couple of years. I lost my virginity, sitting right on that love seat, right under my parent's nose. It was the most beautiful thing, in remembering. We discovered all the pleasures, together. We were both virgins and lost that virginity, together.

We didn't get there in a day. It took some time. First, there was the terrible embarrassment that my boyfriend went through, each time that he got a woody. :o There was the great effort to divert my attention, while he made adjustments, so that I might not notice. It was a very long time before I figured out what was going on. I hadn't a clue. Even then, I didn't figure it out, it was he who finally told me. We were both so very inexperienced, in those ways, that he would fall into extreme apologetic expression, if his hand accidentally brushed past my boob. He would not have me think, for one moment, that he was trying to make an advance on me. It was after such a long time of hearing him go through such intense apologies, if his hand did accidently brush against me, that I finally took his hands and placed them on my boobs, myself. I looked into his eyes and told him that it was ok... that he didn't have to go through all of those apologies, every time he accidentally brushed against me. I wanted him to know that I loved him with all my heart, and that not only was it ok if he accidentally touched me, I actually wanted him to touch me.

Now, we had been raised that this was forbidden! His first response, to that, was to immediately freak out and withdraw his hands from where I had placed them. He turned every shade of red that you can imagine. He began stuttering and carrying on like a crazy person. No! There was no way that he could do that! He just could not! And when I placed them back there, again, his hands were trembling, he had fear in his eyes, and he just went muttering something about how my dad was gonna kill him and we were gonna be in so much trouble, rofl! I loved him so much that I just wanted him to relax and not freak out, every time that his hands came near me. I loved him so much that I wanted him to know that what was of me was also of him, that we were one, and there was nothing wrong with loving in that way. No matter what I had been taught, I could not, for the life of me, perceive that there was anything wrong or dirty and sinful in what we were feeling. To myself, everything felt natural and right and there was nothing to be ashamed of, and I didn't care what anyone else thought. Not for one moment did I feel that I was going against God. Instead, I felt that the rest of the world was misunderstanding God. I felt that there was no way God could condemn something so perfectly and utterly pure and innocent and beautiful. We were in Love. Love could never be a bad thing, nor the expression of it. It felt, instead, that it was something which not only God blessed, but that was a blessing from God, in receiving, to love in that way. There was only one mishap, when my mom walked in and found me sitting on his lap, shirt over my head. She could never tell my dad, he would surely hurt that boy. However, she did hold it over my head, for a very long time, as a blackmail thing, to bend me to her will. It worked, for a while. Eventually I realized that she would never tell my dad. It was an embarrassing moment, to be sure. Caught red handed, and no amount of explaination could erase the embarrassment that I felt. Nor the fear that he felt, if my dad should find out!


Innocence lost, never regained? That's what they say, anyways.














We stayed together for a couple of years. After a time, he grew tired of the fact that good old daddy wouldn't let me date. He even tried to stand up to my dad, once, when my dad refused to let him take a vacation trip to Florida, with us. My dad literally threw him out of the house. Things became rocky. He grew restless. By then he was driving a car and so were all our friends. Not me. I wasn't allowed to get my drivers liscense until I was 18. At any rate, everyone else, around me, was going out with friends. I wasn't allowed to get in the car with any of my friends, who didn't have an adult chapperone. Not even to ride to school. With a driver's liscense, the guys in the neighborhood began riding around and discovering more girls, outside of our little church group. Eventually, they began smoking cigarettes and drinking. Eventually he ran into fast women (girls?) who offered a lot more fun, with freedom, than I was allowed to experience. I might make up for it, later, but that was then.

Now, some of you might think that I was fast, because I offered him my body. Mind you, it was not offered to just anyone. It was offered, in love, and that was not for just anyone. Nevertheless, I was dumped. There were plenty of other fish in the sea, he would find... who, not only, could offer him sex, but who were also able to go out on a date, smoke cigarettes, and get drunk. I had quickly become a dud, in his book, and he was off to bigger and better things.














For a time, he became quite popular with the girls. And I had to endure the pain of seeing him walk through the school hallways, holding hands with another girl. He and his friends were dating the wild girls. Those who could go out... and smoke and drink... and get high.

Wouldn't you know, as soon as we broke up, my dad decided, at age 17, that he was going to let me date. The down side to that was, my best friend, from church, was two years older than me. She was already experienced in many ways. With her, I learned to smoke and drink and stay out until all hours of the night and early morning. I'll never forget the time she snuck a bunch of beers into my house, when she had come over for a sleep over. Back in those days, we had these little bags we carried our hair curlers in. She had put the beers in there, to sneak them in. I thought I was gonna bust a gut, as she made her way across the room, beer cans clinking, every step. We were nervous as hell, that my mom would hear and catch on! That night, I was hanging out the bedroom window puking my guts out, but not from the beer. I had asked her to bring me a pack of cigarettes along. When she asked what kind, I said it didn't matter. What did I know about cigarettes? So, she brought me a pack of Pall Malls, without the filters. Yuk! I certainly never tried those again!

Everyone had thought that me and that first love would marry. Noone ever expected us to break up. I even had a hope chest started, so certain was my family that we would wed. Everyone was shocked that he would drop me, like that. No one was more shocked than I. But, I went onto date the friend of a friend. And we stayed together for a while, too, and he saw me through my junior and senior proms. But I never loved him that way. I tried, but it just couldn't be. It was hard seeing the first love with another, through so special times, the prom. Eventually, I broke it off with him, when I knew that I needed something more. And, to this day, I wonder if what occured with him would be considered date rape. There were many times when I tried to ward him off, and he would persist and persist, forcing my hands away from their weak efforts to keep him at bay. Finally, I would give in to his persistance and actual physical force, feeling that I had led him astray, just by making out with him. It was never the same with him. The physical act had not been born out of love and desire. I never really wanted to make love to him, but gave into the pressures, out of guilt. I felt that if I did not give him what he wanted, that he would think that I was just a tease. And I wanted acceptance, not rejection. That was the beginnings of my not being able to be strong in who I was, with the opposite sex.

The day would come when the first love would call me up again. His voice was filled with love and emotion. I knew that he missed me. I had always felt, somewhere deep inside, that he never stopped loving me. How could he? We had experienced so much, together. Our love had been real. He wanted to see me. We planned it. At this and that hour, he would have someone drop him off, at my house. He would come to the window, I would let him in. Everything went as planned. We spent our last time together, in one another's arms, in the safety and warmth of my own bed. We made love in a way that we had never been able to before. There had been only one time, before, where we had actually been able to make love, aside from sneaking around in the living room. That one time had been in the back of a station wagon, in one quick and stolen moment. Now, here we were... seasoned lovers, so it seemed, past the embarrassment and fears. Indeed, he had missed me. I knew him well enough that I could sense the realness of his words and feel the emotion that he was sharing. He had left me to go and explore other things. What he had found to replace me was just not the same. That fling, of his, that he had left me for, had ended, as well. I loved him still. I knew that he still loved me. Two weeks later he would be married. But not to me. I was totally perplexed. It was the hardest thing to do, to sit in that congregation and watch him exchange vows with another girl. The strange part? It was the girl who had once taught me to play the guitar, one summer, over the phone. Right before the birth of their second child, she divorced him. Somewhere, along the way, she would give me the impression that he talked about me a lot. I also got the impression that this annoyed her. I am certain this is not the reason for their divorce, however. It was just a union that never should have been, other than for karmic reason, brought on by an unexpected pregnancy.

We would cross paths again... and again. Once, when I was still very religious, I had agreed to give my testimony. Now, understand me, today I would not do such a thing. My religious/spiritual beliefs have changed drastically, and I would never put myself in front of a group of people, and talk about all the ways that I had gone against God, the bible, etc., because what I thought was wrong, then, I do not see as being wrong, now. Nevertheless, that is where I was in those days. He had heard about this, that I was to give my testimony. Even though he had married another, he still carried a warm spot, for me, and went out of his way to make sure that he was there to hear my little speech. Once the testimonial was over and we were all traveling back to our homes, I realized that his car was following close behind me. When I was nearly home, I decided to pull over. It felt as if there was still something that needed to be expressed, for whatever reason. As soon as I pulled over, he jumped out of his car and came running over. He knelt by my car door and peered inside. "Oh, I was so hoping you were gonna pull over! I was so hoping your were gonna pull over!" Now, even though I felt that there had been things that needed to be said, I was somewhat taken back by the urgency in his voice, and felt very uncomfortable and, somehow, felt that perhaps I had made the wrong choice, to pull over. But, since I had, I proceeded. I'm not quite sure what it was that he expected, but I had just wanted him to know that I had forgiven him for having hurt me so deeply, at such a tender young age. I wanted him to know that all I had felt for him, back then, had been real and true... and even though I had not totally understood the way things went, I did want him to know that I had forgiven and was over it... and that I wished him only the best. I can't even remember the words that he said, after that. I does seem that he expressed that he was sorry for having hurt me, and that I would always have a warm spot in his heart. In any case, I knew that he was living with some deep regret. Isn't it funny that I can't even remember what he said, for sure, after all that? Yes, funny how life is. I guess I was over him, but he was not really over me. I was glad that I had not ended up with him, in retrospect. And it was kinda scarey to think that I might have. He's not a bad guy, he has a wonderful heart. Just not for me.

One more time, our paths would cross. This was after I was with my late husband. We ran into him, in some little bar, and were invited down to his place. My husband was a musician, so they hit it off when the ex-boyfriend brought out a harmonica and the two of them played. I shall never forget the sincerity in my first loves voice, when he looked at me and said, "I've never seen you look happier!" I was shocked that someone could recognize the intense happiness that this husband had brought into my life. But I shouldn't have been so surprised, because I'd heard it from many others. I hadn't realized, I suppose, that my unhappiness had been quite so obvious, previously. This was my 4th husband, afterall. I stopped to think about that for a moment, and to his comment, I simply replied, "I guess I must not have looked too happy in the past, huh?" ... and his comment was, "No, you never really did." "And I guess I never was," was my sincere reply to that. Then he looked at my husband, and with the sweetest sincerity, ever, told him, "You've got a real good woman, here. I want you to know that. I've known her all my life, and she's as fine as they come." Of course, I was happy to hear my husband agree, lol. And where I had been worried of how the two of them would hit it off, being from two entirely different walks of life, as it turns out, my husband thought the world of him... even in all of my first love's "fuckupedness". My husband was able to see and feel his heart, which is a rarity for most men, much less to be able to express it. He expressed my first loves way of being, and expressing himeself, as 'beautiful'. He had been deeply touched by this simple man that life had been unkind to. The really weird part is that my husband had the impression that the first love was dying... perhaps in spirit, more than anything. The second part to that weirdness is that it would be my husband who later died, by taking his own life. Upon his death, I took several of his harmonicas out the the first love's house and let him have his pick. He picked exactly the one that I knew he would.

Somehow, to have my first love acknowledge that I looked happy, and offer up good words and thoughts about me, to my husband, seemed to close a chapter of my life, and it was 34 years later. I felt a gentleness, regarding him, that I had not felt in a very long time. I knew that we were connected, and always would be... but it was perfectly ok for us to go entirely our different ways. He understood things about me that most people never would. I realized that for the very first time, that day. And why shouldn't he? He was there in my beginnings, as each petal unfurled, to become the beautifully innocent and giving flower, that would offer her nectar, and take him into her heart and soul. He was much deeper than I had ever thought he could be. And the funny part, to that, was that it took my husband to point this out to me. He was apparently able to see much deeper than I, in this situation. Perhaps I could see more than I could acknowledge. My husband's insight forced me to acknowledge. That, from my husband, was, in and of itself, a beautiful gift to me. I had been afraid that he would look at this first love and judge him for his weaknesses... and, in turn, judge me, for ever having been with him... instead, he gave me a gift, and proved the very part of himself that I had fallen in love with, in the first place... that of being a very gentle, kind and caring individual, who wasn't afraid to reach out, compassionately, in life. Living was hard for him, the reason that he is no longer here. It was very hard for him to relate in a world that is, basically, run by testosterone and force.

6 comments:

Spicy said...

Shimmerings,
You made me cry! Shame on you! Okay, I cry easy! What a beautiful love story. You made the story come to life,,I could see you now, so in love, how painful that must have been when your first love dated other girls, walking the hallways of school, holding someone else's hand.
What I can't understand is his meeting you, sleeping in your bed, in your arms and knowing he would marry in 2 weeks??,,,,,okay, I get it, she was pregnant...but oh god, you must have suffered. They say, that nothing can compare to rejection! It's worse than death! Well, maybe not in your case!

And then, the way you speak so eloquently of your husband, 'a gentle, kind and caring individual' ahh,,,,,,and how your eyes' would shine when you were with him,,,,,Lord, you have been so blessed! I guess this was God's way of saying,,,,,you lost one love, now let me give you a 'keeper'!
When you say he played the harmonica,,,,do you mean that soulful sound that moves your very soul? or are we talking old country...?How I love the sound of that!, not country,,,,,,blues, jazz,,,,that crying sound that makes you want to weep, make love, dance naked, you know what I mean? When I hear a good harmonica player, I swear I can feel the spirit move,,and I feel real joy in my heart, no other music moves me like that.
Funny, I puked up my guts with my first pack of cigarettes too, they were Pall Malls, and I thought I was so grown up. Boy was I sick! The things we do in the name of 'cool!'.
I assume from what you say, 'give my testimony' that you were Jehovah! I'm glad you're over that. Such a rigid religion!
I'm so glad you had that special love,,,your husband sounds like quite a man,,,not afraid to speak the truth,,,,no jealous insecurities there,,,no wonder you were happy with him! How I envy that.
I was 22 and a virgin when I met my husband, but I do regret that. If I would have had more experience with men, then maybe I would have made better choices.
And it goes to show,,,,you can keep your kids in the house, but they can be wilder at home than going out with their friends.
I'm so glad that they have birth control now,,,,my granddaughter is turning 9 this month,,,,,,and it seems they are starting younger every year to be attracted to the opposite sex. Hopefully I can handle things better when the time comes.
Shimmerings, I enjoy your writing so much, you really should write more. I don't know your circumstances, and maybe you just are too darn busy,,,,but you sure have a way with words.
That's why I have my blog,,,so that I can write every day, and eventually I hope to make magic on the page like you do!
Thank you for that.
I also left a post on my blog,,,about your '5 secret's nobody knows'!

Maybe one day, you'll be able to write more about Tim. I sure would like to get to know him better.
Or, maybe thats something you want to keep to yourself and thats fine too.
Here's wishing you and your partner a happy, 'healthy' and prosperous New Year.
See ya next year!

Shimmerrings said...

Matty, your words mean a lot to me. Just the fact that my own words can touch the heart of another, brought tears to my own eyes. To be heard, from the heart, for someone to feel what I feel, and understand from that same vantage point, is what life is all about. Connecting. Sometimes, it is only when we connect with others, that our hearts want to keep on beating. It is an exchange of energy, that seems vital to life, this connecting thing. I suppose that is the reason that I write. First, to let out what is overflowing... secondly, to wait in those silent moments for someone to hear the gentle thump of the heart, that is waiting to be acknowledged. Thank you for that.

Yes, I must say, the harmonica playing was blues harp! Man, he could play that thang! He also played the guitar, but not nearly as well as the harp. I used to say that he played the harp and that he fought with the guitar, lol! He loved the blues! We actually had to lure the first love into playing, he felt so shy about it, and inadequate. He said that he usually went into the back room and played where no one else could hear him... but, when he played for us, it was easy to tell that his soul was expressing what he, otherwise, could not express in words. It was just beautiful! I only wish that my husband could've stayed around long enough to have encouraged him, more. I hope that he is putting that harmonica to use! He had complained that his harmonica was just a cheap old one, and the bar in the middle was not made of wood. Harmonica players are known to sometimes soak their harmonicas in a glass of water, to produce a really good sound. This could not be done, with the plastic ones. As I mentioned, I took several out to him for him to choose from. There was only one that had a wooden center. It was also the only one that was bent to pieces, from much use. And it had blues harp written across the top. The other ones were of the more expensive modern types (my husband had them in several different keys). Even so, he chose the old beaten up one, that had been used, often, with the wooden center. Yes, I love the blues too, and it puts a big smile on my face, to hear a harp being played. How I do miss seeing the smile on my husband's face, when he would be making his music. It brought him so much joy.

Yes, he was a kind and gentle spirit. I've never met anyone with a kinder spirit towards humanity, as a whole. And he understood who I was better than anyone ever has... and, perhaps, ever will. I'm not too hard to figure out, lol, in fact, if ones has a problem, with that, I will spell it all out and make it quite easy... however, seems that, most of my life, people act as if I am some gigantic jig-saw puzzle, with a cogillion pieces, that they can't seem to put together. I guess I ain't too put together, eh, or else they'd have no problem seeing me? Often, however, we make hard that which is simple and easy, so that we do not have to see the things which we do not want to see. Life is often easier, with blinders on, and we have to see nothing but ourselves, when we look in the mirror. Sad but true.

Yes, it did seem as if I had finally been released from one love to another. There was another important one, in my life, inbetween, but that will be for later. If you continue to read, you will learn more about my husband, in time. A little at a time.

It is true, I don't find the time to write as often as I like. But I really enjoy it when I do. Thanks for reading! And glad my 'memed' comments made you laugh! Rofl!

Spicy said...

Shimmerings,
That was a wonderful post! Well, if people can't see you, maybe they should read you. I can see you, in your words and between the lines! You have to read between the lines. I think you're just scraping the surface, like a volcano about to erupt....there's a lot of 'stuff' there that needs to erupt....to come out!
Take your time shimmerings,,,,I look forward to hearing about your husband, and sometimes all we can do is let it out, a little at a time,,sometimes we just want to hold it in, not let it go,,,its too precious to give away, we want to treasure it and keep it, not share it with others. I wish I had a great love like that,,,,I don't really know if I would want to share him with anyone. So thanks for sharing.
I wish I could hear his music,,,I can see you made great music together! What wonderful memories you have! Yes, I envy you in that way!
I never fell in love,,,but I did fall in lust a few times,,,,,but if some man played the harmonica for me,,,,,let his soul out through his music, I'd be his love slave forever.
Ahhh! Can't blame a girl for dreaming!
I'm glad to see you're writing more, I enjoy your posts so much.
Maybe you're not a musician, but your words are like music, they dance on the page., they have a certain sytle, all soul and heart. And compassion! you write with compassion and insight!
Is there any musicians out there that he imitated,someone you can compare him to?? so I have an idea what the music sounded like? It seems to me that would be the music I want to listen to when I'm alone and don't feel like reading.
I look forward to your posts.
They keep reminding me that there are good people out there, I just haven't met any, or maybe I just didn't pay attention.
When you make bad choices in life, you end up not trusting your judgment anymore, so you just don't take any chances, and play it safe., and end up settling for someone who meets your needs and you meet their's,,,,,but there is no music in your relationship, just mutual respect.
Hope the New Year brings you much joy.

Shimmerrings said...

Mattie, I would be hard pressed to put my finger on any one musician. To be quite honest, he was more of a jammer than one who did solo songs. I probably never heard him play the entirety of one song, rather riffs of those that he loved the most. He'd roll from one riff to the other, with some of his own stuff inbetween. He loved Hendrix, simply for the reason of the genius behind the man's guitar playing, and the other realms that his music could take you to. Hendrix was very much a part of his history. To appreciate his music, now, you would've had to be there, in spirit, back in the Hendrix days, I suppose. He also loved the Beatles, The Doobie Brothers, The Allman Brothers, Dire Straights, Stevie Ray Vaugh and BB King, just to name a few.

I guess I was Blessed, as you say, to have known such a connection. It's like they say, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." He was the sort who could ask me, "What is it that you need?" ... and he cared what the answer was. He was the one who saw my heart and soul, minus all the junk that life's adventures can reign upon us. I think we all possess a higher self, that sometimes manages to rise above the muck of our existence. More than the muck, he saw my higher self. He admired my opinion, perhaps was the only one who ever did... and didn't criticize me for my shortcomings and imperfections.

One of my favorite movies, of all time, is Meet Joe Black. Anthony Hopkins is on a plane with his daughter. He is concerned regarding the man whom she is engaged to. He says, "It isn't what you say about him, it's what you don't say." And then he goes off on this description of how he feels love should be. He says, "I want you to get swept off your feet, I want you to levitate. I want you to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish! Be deliriously happy... or at least leave yourself open to be." Then he goes further to say, "I know this is cornball stuff, but love is passion... obsession... someone you can't live without. Fall head over heals, find someone you can love like crazy and who loves you the same, back. How do you find 'em? Forget your head and listen with your heart. There's no sense in living your life without this... to make the Journey, and not fall deeply in love??? Well, you haven't lived a life at all... but, you have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived." Then he shortened that synopsis of love into two simple sentences, "Stay open... lightening could strike!"

I guess that is how I feel about love, though some might think that particular idea, of what love is supposed to be, is a little too romanticized and fairytalish.

Does lightening strike twice? We shall see. If I stand in one place, long enough, perhaps it will. My heart is open, all they've to do is come in.

Spicy said...

Shimmerings.
You wrote this Jan 3/07 and I only read it now??...Shame!
Ah! I walk on the treadmill or should I say dance on the treadmill to the music of the Doobie Brothers & B.B. King! And when the kids are in school and the mate is at work, that's how I get the housework done, with the Doobie brothers and Temptations,,,and Aretha....and B.B. King......James Brown...! Hell of a workout!
How I envy that relationship you had with Tim........he 'saw you as you were, for your higher self,,,he cared about your opinions, never criticized' Oh God,,if men only knew what women really wanted,,,,??
We just want to be respected and validated....period......!
Ohh! have you been reading my posts? Did you read that I've been dreaming about Anthony Hopkins lately instead of Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise........Oh Lord,,,,I dream in color,,,,,,,and I remember every bit of my dreams....
How can you remember stuff like that from a movie?? Now, you know, I'm going to have to go and rent the movie 'Meet Joe Black'..and I thought I saw all of Anthony Hopkins' movies.......and I just know I'll watch it twice and cry. I always cry, I'm bawling right now just reading the words you wrote.....how you remember what Anthony Hopkins said is 'way beyond me'......
Hope I can rent the movie tomorrow.
God help me., but the next time it storms, I'll be standing on the deck hoping that lightening strikes just once! Every woman deserves that,,,,,just once to be struck by lightening!
You should feel honored! You're the only blogger that I read twice.
First, because I love the rhythym of your post, so I read it fast,,,,,,and then I re-read your post a 2nd time,,to let it really sink in,,,,,and I have to pause and think about what you just wrote, sentence by sentence.....,to savor the words dancing across the screen. You are an artist,,,,,you paint the picture so well,,,,that I'm in it,I can see what you describe, I can feel the emotions,,,I laugh with the joy, I can hear the music,,,,and the quiet passion,,and dear Lord, I can feel the pain.....and I'm jealous!
How I wish I could write like you,,,from the heart!
Your writings show that you've put a lot of thought and quiet passion in your posts,,,and that like me and so many others, we are trying to find our 'true' path in life,,,,,and only by sharing our joys and dreams and thoughts can we find out who we really are,,,and where we're heading!
Whether you realize it or not, you have been blessed! You write so eloquently, so well,,,,,I hope if I keep writing as often as I can, that maybe one day I can write as well.
I would love to make people laugh or cry because of something I wrote or said,,,,,..and then........
So many women have never met a love like yours,not even close!
Like I've said, I've been in Lust, but never in Love....now, I can see why women love Soap Opera's and Harlequin Romances,,,,,it gives them an insight into what great love is all about.but so few get the pleasure of knowing it!..Most of us are not that lucky! Crap!
We just 'settle'! Or shop at Adult toy stores...lol.

Shimmerrings said...

Matty, I responded to your response in January, then about that time is when I decided to hide my blog in 'draft' mode, till I came to terms with the issues at home, regarding my blogging/writing... which is why you never got to read my last response back to you. But, awwww.... Matty, you are kind beyond words! But, you are a very good writer, Matty, just look at all the folks you have reading your own blog. I am writing, and those that are supposed to share in my emotions and thoughts will find their way here... the most important, that I am growing from my writing, just by being able to vent and express. It's funny you should mention the 'rythm'. Whenever I write, I just let it flow... and it does flow better when I am alone with my thoughts and feelings, rather than being interrupted or put upon, emotionally, by another... but, I go back and read what I wrote. Some times I re-read before the whole piece is finished... actually, I re-read it several times, along the way, and then when it is finished, and many times, thereafter. I am always amazed to find a rythm. I'm always like, "where'd that come from?" .. but I attribute it to 'flowing' with the energies. You are the only one who has ever made mention of the rythm ... but, I also notice when the rythm is missing, and that's when I begin editing and trying to rewrite it so that it flows again. I usually attribute the loss of rythm to some sort of 'fuckupedness' of my own energy. Maybe it is from being interrupted, while writing and falling out of the flow... or, perhaps it is from anger, self-pity, past experience of loss of self-worth, or all sorts of other emotions that start surfacing, in the middle of telling my story. When I see the rythm is missing, it also teaches me something about myself that I can grow from. The point is to be able to feel and experience the emotions and realize them for what they are. To be able to 'come clean' in the aftermath, and tell the story, minus the confusion that was there, in the real experience of the events. If I involve the confusion, anger or other less than positive expressive emotions, then it does begin to fall out of flow. If I can see loss of flow in the writing, then I realize that I have not fully dealt with the emotions from the original event. The more clear my emotions become, the more flowing the writing becomes. Also, I do come to terms with past events, often, while writing about them. I used to post dreams, in other communities, in the effort to have someone help me understand what the dream was about. Most of the time, by the time I had finished writing it all out, in the posting, I would have figured it out. I think it is because, when we 'think on things' we often don't go into much detail, in our minds, rather flit in and out of insignificance ... in writing, I begin to cover all emotions, thoughts, reflections, that surface thoughts don't begin to touch. Even so, I continue to find many things that do not flow, that I cannot seem to correct. I just chalk it up to "well, I haven't crossed that brige yet"... or, "life isn't perfect, so my writing isn't either". The worst is my grammar and punctuation! I once had someone take one of my postings, in a community, and chop it up, line by line, pointing out the errors. It was suggested that if I ever wanted to be published, that I might take a basic course in grammar. Oh, boy! I thanked them for their helpfulness and told them that I would most definitely consider that, should I ever want to publish. Well, that's what editor's are for! Besides, as I grow older, I pay less attention to 'the rules of grammar'... and more attention to the way my heart wants to express. I did tell them that the intent of that particular piece had been to 'share from the heart', rather than exhibit a perfect form of grammatical expression. Even my companion once asked me, when I had commented on something that he had written to another, that seemed somewhat strange, "don't you ever write anything that isn't straight from the heart???" I'd never thought about it before, but realized, when he asked, that, "no, I don't really write anything that isn't from the heart"... and that even includes 'damaged' heart! I've had a lot of comments on my writing abilities, over the years... it still remains, I believe, that it isn't so much that I write so well, as that I write from the heart... and it seems to only touch those who have an open heart, or who are in the process of opening their hearts.

Matty, Anthony Hopkins is one of my all time favorite actors. I've been following his stuff for years, though I realize there are a few that I haven't yet seen. If you are a fan of his, then I am sure you have seen Legends of The Fall??? He and Brad Pitt have co-starred in several together, to include Meet Joe Black. One of my other favorites, of his, is Jagged Edge... or is it The Edge? Somehow, that one got missing from my collection, so I can't fully recall the correct title... but, it's about being stalked by a bear. Did you see Hearts From Atlantis, the Stephen King movie? Another great one! Matty, you are so funny! Of course I didn't remember all the words that were said! Hee Hee! But, whenever I hear really great words, in movies or songs, I write them down so I can re-read them, or share them. Once, I and this guy were writing song lyrics back and forth to one another... it was sorta like we were talking to one another through lyrics... singing to one another, if you will (that was something that my husband & I had in common, too, though he is not the one I speak of, here)... anyways, my sister was just astonished! "I can't believe you can remember all the lyrics to all those songs! I sure can't remember the words to songs from back in the 70's... My gosh, I'm so impressed!" I sure hated to tell her that I certainly didn't remember all the words, nor did the guy, I was quite sure... instead, I was quite certain that the both of us were googling for the lyrics! I know I was! Ha! nevertheless, I got a big laugh out of that, regarding my sister's comment, and now yours! Psssst... don't tell anyone my secrets! Hee hee!

Matty, I wouldn't advise standing outside, during a lightening storm... unless you wanna become psychic, and that's only if you survive the strike! We sometimes settle, Matty, because settling is sometimes more convenient than the pain and loneliness that we experience while 'waiting'... in those cases, we experience what we allow ourselves to experience... or, what we need to experience, in those moments/years? of our lives. Perhaps we are growing something inside of us 'other than' a perfectl and blissful love life. Even mine wasn't perfect. If it was he would still be here, by my side. It was a moment in time. Now it is gone. Once experiencing that, it does take some adjustments, however, to go back to a love experience that is 'less than', in many ways... on the other hand, it is also 'more than', in many other ways. It all comes down to learning the language of another. When ones speak the same language, the experience is much more vibrant. Such as the experience between my husband and myself! It does become difficult when couples refuse to learn the language of the other, or don't care to learn the language. The husband and I were still learning one another... when he left this plane it was very disconcerting, to say the least. Like, "Hey! I didnt' mean that! I didn't make myself clear! Let me try to say that again, more clearly this time!" ... but, it was to late. Never the chance to 'say it again' in a better way.

"Say what you mean, and mean what you say!"... for the chance may never come again!