Monday, December 22, 2008

Krishna Das

I recently watched an awesome film on Ram Dass. I plan to make a posting on him after Christmas, but while I was watching this film I discovered Krishna Das. I also discovered that I really dig a lot of the chant music this guy does, although this particular one is not really a chant, as much as it is a lovely devotional type song. I put the lyrics in English, below. I hope you will enjoy.

My Gurudev I offer these flowers of my faith at your feet
Whatever I have, you have given to me, and I dedicate it all to you.

I have no love, nor do I know you.
I don’t even have the strength to worship you,
But this mind of mine, this body of mine,
my every atom is dedicated to you.

You are the only one in my heart and my thoughts.
You are the one who I call out to.
Now Make me your instrument…all I am I offer to you

2 comments:

Maithri said...

How beautiful!

Ram dass is so cool. Love him.

Wanted to wish you a Christmas filled with peace and deep joy my friend,

I am blessed to know you,

With love, M

Shimmerrings said...

Maithri, I think Ram Dass is very cool, too... and I do hope you have a very Peaceful and Joy filled Christmas! I'm out the door to celebrate mine!