Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Poem With No Name...

















He would never know just how much

he set her Wings to flutter

While Love filled her Heart with song

when words dare not be uttered... nor quietly muttered



Often on those long, dark nights

when hope was faintly lit

She swooped and flew into his arms

and there she'd calmly sit... entirely smit



Wings aruffled and tawdry glow

and breathless exasperation

With but one touch, one loving embrace

he would set her Heart to racing... anticipating



Resolutely she would fly away

under the guise of a moonless night

And wait by morn for the break of day

where Joy filled her soul with Light..

gifting her Wings with endless flight



While Butterflies have such short lived lives

being a wonder of Creation

I have experienced the miracle of Love

with joyeous elation...feeling each new sensation...

of this transformation


Sun Glider

copyrite 2001



I wrote this when my love (of the time) was far away, across the sea... and visiting him, in spirit, was the only way I could be with him, on those long dark nights.

8 comments:

The Geezers said...

Sorry to say I didn't know about you until you were kind enough to comment at my blog the other day.

I've got you bookmarked now, and will come back to visit. Nice place you got here.

Always good to meet a survivor.

Shimmerrings said...

Thank you for dropping by Mystic Wing. Please come again.

Spicy said...

Shimmerings.
Wonderful poetry. Almost makes me wish I was in love.

Shimmerrings said...

Matty, I'm glad I had the chance to feel those feelings. I've been writing poetry since I was about 10 or 12 years old.

QUASAR9 said...

Hi shimmerings
magical blog, love the style, love the theme

Shimmerrings said...

Hi, Quasar... like yours too, very interesting topics. Glad you dropped by. Come again :)

Dust-bunny said...

Shimmerings,

This was beautiful. I used to write poetry when I was younger, but nothing as eloquent as this...you're very talented!

Shimmerrings said...

Thanks a bunch, Lisa. That's quite a compliment and much appreciated.